We got back from visiting my parents in Florida yesterday and the first thing I did was start practicing on the longarm machine. Cathy and Dale from The City Quilter were kind enough to leave some muslin set up so I could practice right away. After a bunch of practice yesterday, I was ready to load a quilt and give it a shot today.
Not too bad for a first effort. I had a little trouble getting the tension right but got it eventually. All I did was loops, a few hearts and some flowers following the shapes of the focus fabric. This simple baby quilt (made from leftover fabric from a queen quilt i made for my sister and brother in law last year) will be finished this week and go to charity. I have another one to load that I am going to try a pantograph on.
I wish I didn’t have to go back to work on the third!!!